Submissions for the Edward Stanford Travel Writing Awards
Posted on September 19, 2019 by danielle. More news
In 1853 Edward Stanford established his map-making business in the heart of London and at the height of the British Empire. His maps fuelled a passion for adventure, exploration and foreign travel, which in turn led to an explosion in travel writing.
Over 160 years later, the Edward Stanford Travel Writing Awards exist to celebrate this most exciting of genres and seek to celebrate the best travel writing, and travel writers, in the world.
We are now taking submissions for the Edward Stanford Travel Writing Awards 2020, the winners of which will be announced at a reception event at the end of February 2020.
Publishers across the UK and Ireland are invited to submit titles for consideration for the various categories.
All booksellers and libraries participate by mounting displays during the shortlist and winner periods – free point of sale packs will be produced.
– Stanford Dolman Travel Book of the Year Award, in association with the Authors’ Club
– Edward Stanford Award for Outstanding Contribution to Travel Writing (no submissions required)
– Children’s Travel Book of the Year
– Photography Travel Book of the Year
– Illustrated Travel Book of the Year
– Travel Cookery Book of the Year
– Fiction, with a Sense of Place
– Travel Memoir of the Year
– Debut Travel Writer of the Year
– Adventure Travel Book of the Year
– Bradt Travel Guides New Travel Writer of the Year (award administered by Bradt Travel Guides)
Submissions close – 4th October 2019
Submissions close for the Bradt Travel Guides New Travel Writer of the Year – 6th October 2019
Shortlist launch – 10th December 2019
Edward Stanford Travel Writing Awards ceremony – 20th February TBC
Book publication dates:
Books first published 16th November 2018 – 15th November 2019 are eligible for the 2020 awards.
Book titles submitted should be available in print in the UK by November 15th 2019.